Last week over 1,000 Oracle customers and partners met in Orlando, Florida for the 2017 Oracle HR User Group (OHUG) conference. PeopleSoft customers were well represented at the conference and engaged with what Oracle is doing to continue the evolution of the PeopleSoft HCM, ELM, and HR HelpDesk applications and PeopleTools. All of the PeopleSoft focused sessions were at least 80% capacity. Some of the biggest areas of discussion included:
- On-boarding - PeopleSoft announced that we will be delivering a product agnostic, fluid activity guide-based on-boarding solution in PeopleSoft. Customers had plenty of interest around the delivered capabilities and configurable options. Since we rely heavily upon a diverse on-boarding customer focus group that meets regularly to review requirements, we expect for this heavily anticipated feature to handle all sorts of on-boarding scenarios presented by our customer base.
- Time & Labor and Absence Management - We have a large population of customers that run both PeopleSoft Time & Labor to track time entries as well as Absence Management to manage complex absence rules globally. Customers were pleased to see that we have a healthy road map of features available for both products, including many fluid self service features in Time & Labor which helps to meet employee expectations for mobile enabled data entry, and reduces time entry errors that cost customers many person hours to address.
- Payroll - A large share of PeopleSoft customers in attendance at OHUG represented their organization's Payroll department. We fielded lots of questions around new Payroll enhancements including the highly requested lock out of self service capabilities during official PayCalc runs. This feature helps with performance and gives the Payroll Department ease of mind that their critical payroll processes are running at maximum capacity.
- Classic Plus - PeopleSoft announced a global style sheet known as Classic Plus which will provide a 'shotgun' approach to uplifting classic pages in your system that has not been converted to Fluid. The Classic Plus pages will look more clean, modern, and similar to fluid pages with very little effort or maintenance from you. Classic Plus can even be applied to your custom pages. There is a configurable option to deploy the Classic Plus style sheet on individual classic components or to all classic components at once. Customers reacted positively to having this capability available on Tools 8.56.
Keep an eye out on the PeopleSoft YouTube channel for videos to help you learn more about each of the features described above, including videos on the latest PeopleTools 8.56 release which was announced during OHUG.
During OHUG, my team and I were fortunate enough to meet with PeopleSoft customers on an individual basis to learn more about their deployment plans and help them through any challenges they be facing. Those customers and partners included:
- Sandia National Labs
- Fresenius Healthcare
- Grey Heller
- Apex IT
- US Navy
- McLane Company
- Adventist Health System
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- Specialty Care Services Group
- Towson University
- UniFirst Corporation
- University of Rochester
- Charter Communications
- Harvard University
- A. T. Kearney
A special thank you to the U.S. Army, one of Oracle's largest HCM customers, who were at OHUG in full force networking and working closely with us to deploy PeopleSoft for their entire population. We are very proud to be your trusted vendor and partner.
For any PeopleSoft customer out there who may be frustrated collaborating with your different stakeholders, just think about the U.S. Army whose deployment team has to collaborate successfully with over 1,000 stakeholders worldwide on a regular basis. Just some food for thought.
See you in Vegas for OHUG 2018 !!