At the PeopleSoft general session today at Oracle OpenWorld, Paco Aubrejuan, Senior Vice President, recognized the first of many PeopleSoft Innovators. Today’s PeopleSoft is powerful, intuitive, and drives results in diverse global businesses across many industries. The PeopleSoft Innovators showcase what is possible with today’s PeopleSoft. These customers are taking advantage of the latest capabilities and technologies to transform their businesses and their IT practices while delighting their end users.
The PeopleSoft Innovators:
- Butler University is recognized for eliminating costly customizations in favor of using delivered functionality to advance and improve the end user experience, including the deployment of the Fluid user interface, resulting in a system rollout and start of the academic year that was smooth, and positions the university to be nimble, flexible, and rollout new capabilities over time.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions is recognized for deploying PeopleSoft’s new Business Process Weaver capability, a powerful unified framework that seamlessly manages the complex Financial processes required during times such as month end close, eliminating wasted manual time, effort, and costly errors, avoids the need for external automation scheduled tools, and most importantly, enables faster and more efficient processing and business reporting.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts (EOTSS) is recognized for deploying Fluid Guided Self Service in less than 2 months, successfully delivering to 6,000 agency employees that previously had no manager self service capabilities outside of Time and Labor, with additional requirements to meet the State’s overall needs for 110,000 employees.
- Deakin University, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, is recognized for deploying Fluid self-service functionality for their employees and managers, as well as showcasing the power of Selective Adoption by rapidly adjusting their project timelines to deploy Fluid Candidate Gateway just 8 weeks after it was delivered.
- Goldman, Sachs & Co is recognized for implementing a data archival solution by enhancing the usage of the PeopleSoft Archival tool to create a separate history database and enable existing reports to access both online and archived databases without code changes, as well as using built-in PeopleCode Encrypt/Decrypt functions to secure PeopleSoft report files, negating the need for any third party tools.
- Griffith University, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, is recognized for deploying a tailored Fluid Workcenter for HR administrators that leverages pivot grids so the system highlights transactions that need input or attention, as well as the extensive use of HCM Guided Self Service for managers and employees, resulting in operational savings of $350,000 annually.
- Hays Specialist Recruitment is recognized for implementing a successful Selective Adoption strategy with the support of PeopleSoft Test Framework, which drives significant savings in test effort and duration, such as PO Tracking user acceptance testing previously done by two experienced subject matter experts for 2 days, now automated to run in 8 – 10 hours.
- Lone Star College is recognized for deploying an Elasticsearch cluster across two data centers with full Elastic replication, load balanced, and serving 5 PeopleSoft application areas including Interaction Hub, Financial Management, Enterprise Learning Management, Human Capital Management, and Campus Solutions, which in particular saw a dramatic improvement in response times for class search.
- Sandia Labs is recognized for deploying the Fluid user interface, and in particular their extensive use of Navigation Collectives, creative use of live content on Fluid tiles, and innovative use of PeopleTools Event Mapping with Related Content to configure the system and keep delivered code separate from customizations.
- The Adecco Group is recognized for deploying Fluid Approvals, developing a scalable infrastructure to host multiple Update Images, promoting and enabling a collaborative Selective Adoption review process to roll out new features, along with proof of concepts to explore the use of Elasticsearch, PeopleSoft Cloud Manager, and the PeopleSoft Health Center.
- University of Canterbury, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, is recognized for deploying the Fluid user interface and Fluid Candidate Gateway as part of their HCM 9.2 upgrade, providing a modern, easy way for applicants to search, apply for, and track job opportunities on any device, in addition to enabling more new features in HCM, doing a Unicode conversion to support the Maori language, and setting up a Selective Adoption strategy for the future.
- University of Colorado is recognized for deploying the Fluid user interface, including their progressive work with PeopleTools to configure the solution for their requirements, Theme Builder to create rich branding, the use of Interaction Hub for search, notifications, and content management, and the use of Elasticsearch.
- University of Florida, Health, in conjunction with their partner SmartERP, is recognized for deploying Elasticsearch in conjunction with their recent HCM 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.55 project, enabling the organization to successfully deploy PeopleSoft Fluid Candidate Gateway with powerful search capabilities in support of many new hospitals and more than 1,000 open positions to fill.
- University of New South Wales, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, is recognized for using the Oracle Cloud to provision PeopleSoft HCM instances in record time, to support their deployment of HR Position Management, Fluid Company Directory, and Guided Self Service, enabling the university to meet their demanding project timelines, provide multiple environments to their project teams as needed, while being agile and delivering multiple project work products in parallel, in a cost effective manner.
- University of the Free State is recognized for deploying student self-service using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions’ new Fluid user interface, with extended integration for online applications, resulting in a 30% year over year increase in successfully submitted applications, an earlier and more streamlined student selection process, and increased ease-of-use for applicants.
- Wells Fargo is recognized for deploying Elasticsearch, and in particular, for partnering so closely with the PeopleSoft development team throughout the development cycle, providing valuable expertise, and co-presenting about their experience and what they’ve achieved with Elasticsearch.
- WestRock is recognized for deploying PeopleSoft HCM’s Fluid user interface, Guided Self Service, SmartHR templates and Workcenters to more than 30 countries in more than 10 languages, all powered by Selective Adoption which allowed the organization to pick and choose the specific functionality they needed to meet their immediate business demands, without a costly upgrade or the requirement to deploy and test unwanted functionality.
The entire PeopleSoft team congratulates these customers for their efforts and outstanding results! We are proud to recognize what they have each achieved individually, and appreciate the contribution they make to the thriving global PeopleSoft community.
Are you an Innovator?If you are a customer using today’s PeopleSoft – taking advantage of any of our modern capabilities like the Fluid user interface, Selective Adoption, Elasticsearch, Cloud Manager, the new Configuration and Personalization tools, eliminating customizations, rolling out new products, and more – submit a nomination today! This is an open and ongoing program, nominations are welcome at any time. New PeopleSoft Innovators will be published on the PeopleSoft Information Portal (www.peoplesoftinfo.com), and announced at Collaborate 2018.