By now most of you have probably seen the announcements about HCM Update Image 9.2.17, including the video with the new Image Highlights. If you haven't seen it you can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgSQ6sfhomo. While this video is great, there is always more to tell that can't fit into those few minutes that we have on an overview video.
Let's start with the big feature, Workforce Availability is for supervisors or managers to monitor their time reporter's time. The supervisor will be able to see whether a time reporter clocked in late, clocked out early, or didn't take their lunch break. There are two views, a Daily Time view, and a Weekly Time view.
The employees can be viewed by categories, such as:
- Scheduled shows everyone who is scheduled to work that day
- No Show has punch time reporters who were scheduled but have not reported in
- Schedule Deviation shows employees who clock in early/late, missed a break or took a short break, or who clocked out early/late
- Not Scheduled are those employees who were not scheduled to work
- Elapsed are elapsed time reporters scheduled to work that day
- Away From Work can hold the four separate sub-categories of Unapproved Absence, Approved Absence, Training, and Comp Time Off. The Away From Work categories will include Absences both using Base Benefits plans or Absence Management, and the Training items identified can come from either Training Administration or the Enterprise Learning Management system.
The Weekly Time view will only show the Scheduled, Schedule Deviation, and Away From Work categories. The Weekly Time view also contains Schedule Variance statistics.
Both views allow the supervisor to drill down to see the underlying reported time detail, as well as giving supervisors the ability to easily navigate to other tasks through the use of related actions.
More information on this feature can be found in the following Video Feature Overview found on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/NNf9gG3mnnw.
Another important feature that is now available is the optimization of the Manage Exceptions user experience. Now Managers can easily clear time entry exceptions whether they are at their desk or on the go.
The last feature I want to talk about is the Time and Labor User Preferences. It is moving to a central area which will eventually become the home to all User Preferences in HCM. To get to it go to the Actions List (otherwise known as the Hamburger menu) in the top right hand corner and select My Preferences.
The General Settings and Time and Labor User Preferences are both now located here, and any new User Preferences for HCM will also be added here. For your users who work in both FSCM and HCM they will appreciate the fact that the two systems will now be the same when trying to find their User Preferences. We have also added a new User Preference to default the Time Details section as collapsed or expanded when a user enters the Report Time page.
Although not all of these features are big, or "splashy", I like to think that they will make a difference in your user's PeopleSoft experience, and will also show that PeopleSoft is trying to make our customer's lives easier in lots of ways, big and small.